Buying Guide - Roof Top Tents
Buying Guide - Roof Top Tents
- Below is our standard tent questionnaire. Please copy and paste these questions into an email, answer the questions and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org one of our advisers will help you find the right tent for your needs!
- What stage are you at in your tent research? What information would you find most helpful? If you don’t know please move to questions below.
- Have you currently picked a favorite tent model or models? If not that’s ok, the questions below will help us guide you!
- What make and model of vehicle or trailer will you be installing the tent on? If you have an existing roof rack please check the rack for adequate load capacity.
- What type of rack mounting system do you have or need help finding? Please note most tents work best when mounted at 6’ of height. Please let us know if you know your rack height.
- How important is the weight of the tent? Please note the capacity of your rack, what your payload of your vehicle is and how much weight you will be carrying with all the camping gear and tent rack.
- How many camping days a year do you plan on doing and what seasons do you plan to do any cold weather camping? We have found the Summit series and the Ruggedized series to be more popular when the tent is used very frequently and with colder weather camping.
- How many people will be sleeping in the tent? A great trick is to measure out the sleeping area of the tent on your floor, it can really help visualize sleeping area. When weight and tent size is not an issue try to go a size bigger than you planned, it helps create a more comfortable sleeping experience.
- How pristine do you like to keep your equipment? We have found the Summit and the Ruggedized series to be more popular when people are looking for benefits like durability and resistance to wear and tear.
- How important is an anti-condensation matt? This helps reduce moisture build up under the bed matt when you are in high humidity environments, please note Summit and Ruggedized series tents come standard with this feature. Even with the anti-con matt we encourage airing out all tents after camping.
- How important is having an annex room? If this is important do you need a tent with an extended annex room so the ladder is found inside the annex room for protection and privacy?
- How long do you set up camp for? If you a nomad and move your camp frequently we find the non extended tent models to set up and take down more efficiently. If you like to park you rig and set up camp for a while the extended versions have some awesome benefits!
- What is your ideal budget? If you don’t know and would like more information on pricing please check out this link and look at the CVT and Tepui tent options, it can be very helpful to understand Canadian pricing with all duties/dollar conversions.
- Examples with pictures found for you below;
- Non Extended Tent without Annex room
- Non Extended Tent with Annex room
- Extended Tent with Annex room